November 27, 2008
Here are a list of things I am currently thankful for…
My wife pouring me a glass of Organics Blueberry Orange Italian Soda when I get home from a shoot
- Brides who GET IT and want a great wedding movie
- Super 8mm film
- Winter sweaters
- My daughter who isn't too old to cuddle
- The stealthy speed of my car
- Awesome photographers and their awesome photographs
- My puppy, Cade (pronounced "Katie") who keeps me company during the day
- Roman shades and plantation shutters
- Great shows like The Shield and Brotherhood (and Flight of the Conchords)
- My son who is emphatically interested in anything I'm interested in
- California weather
- Swiffer Wet and Swiffer Dry
- My church family who faithfully serves each other, the community, and the Lord
- Facebook and Twitter
- Playstation 3
- How logical and reason decide any argument
- Blogs and blog readers
Have a great Thanksgiving filled with laughter, love, and laxatives. OK, not laxatives. But the other two, for sure.
November 26, 2008
- Augie Chang Photography – Augie's work is clean and fresh. His vibrant images almost serve as coffee for the eyes. (And he blogs often so the 'fresh' stays fresh.)
- Tinywater Photography – Caroline's blog is chock full of crazy characters and off beat weddings so it's always fun to check in on her stuff.
- Ed Pingol Photography – Ed and Monica are workhorses on the wedding day! And it really shows in their work. Ed's blog is never short of images so checking out a post is like digesting Thanksgiving dinner! So. Much. Goodness.
- Tanja Lippert Photography – Tanja is all Film all the time. Her work is natural and beautiful in a way that none others can be. When my computer tells me she's got a new post, it's like getting a gift in the mail and I can't wait to check it out.
- Jennifer Skog Photography – If photos were drugs for your eyes, Jen's blog photo-Pfizer. Each and every images is always rich with detail and juiciness! Check out Skogie's photo pharmaceuticals.
It's hard to pick just five, but these are five of my morning RSS feed staples. There are many others that I love, but if I listed them all, you'd be deep into tomorrow by the time you finished reading this post.
Check out these Uber Amazing Bloggers!
November 26, 2008
Last week I was out all day on a Tuesday shooting and directing yet another secret project! It was great fun but really exhausting (13-hours?!)
I can't tell you too much about what it is, but here is one photo I wanted to share…
And no, my project has nothing to do with robots. Although… now that I think about it, maybe our next project should. Hrm…
November 19, 2008
Last week I had the pleasure of attending the Grand Opening of my good friends, Claudia Akers' and Crystal Lequang's intimate and chic new studio in San Jose. I stopped by in the morning to drop off and test a DVD of the promo video that I made for Claudia (as shown at a previous blog post) and ended up helping out with some setting up and unloading of flowers and furniture pieces.
Nicole Ha was there to do all the flowers and while we Nicole, Crystal, and I were moving things around and decorating, the experience reminded me a lot of some of the past shoots that the three of us worked on before.
I came back later that night to hang out and rub elbows again with the Bay Area wedding industry's brightest stars!
November 18, 2008
I got a chance to preview Tanja and Ryan Lippert's new storefront in swanky* part of downtown Los Gatos not too long ago. Tanja and I discussed a top secret project over lunch but one of the highlights of my visit was checking out her new studio space. Check out some pics (from my iPhone) of the wicked awesomeness.
As Tanja likes to say, "Gor-juss!"
*If you find yourself across the street from an Aston Martin dealership, you're in a swanky part of town.